Maybelline Baby Skin... Not for me :(

22:25:00

Evening ladies,

This is just a quick post on my latest testing from the London make up haul. Over the weekend I have used my new maybelline baby skin instant pore eraser primer. I purchased this in Superdrug as part of a buy one get one half price offer, I think it cost me £7.



I had seen it online and heard really great things. Unfortunately for me it's not such a happy ending. I found after a. Purple of hours wear my makeup became very shiny. I tried the primer twice using differ t foundations and powders and still the results were the same.

I really don't want to give up on the product but I'd really like to know if any of you out there have tried it and find it good? I have normal to oily skin and just feel a little too shiny, I had used a matte foundation and powder both days and still the same results so maybe it is more suited to more normal to dry skin.





I do hope it suits more of you as the texture is that beautiful silky touch and you only need a tiny amount for all your problem areas.



I have seen this on every maybelline stand across supermarkets and pharmacies so it is extremely widely available and great value.

Be sure to keep me updated if you have tried this,


Emma x

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I haven't tried this primer out yet Emma, it's on my list once I've used up my Garnier 5 second Perfect Blur. Maybe a mattifying primer would give you better results?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh do you like the 5 second blur? I must find a mattifying one that's not benefit it's so expensive :( x

      Delete
    2. Yes I really like it, I've got dry skin so it makes my foundation go on more smoothly. The Paese mattifying primer that Sarah suggested is meant to be really good for oily skin and most of their
      products are budget-friendly :-)

      Delete
    3. I'll deffo get onto that and have a look, anything to help then shine and I'm happy :) x

      Delete
  2. Hey Emma, I don't know about primers.. I'm not a fan of any of them. At least you didn't waste very much money on it! Dying to see what else is in your haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't use a primer?? Oh no!! Every MUA I have visited has always said to use one.. I've tried smashbox light and found it too greasy and I love my benefit porefessional but it's so expensive :( x

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried this one but I think paese matte base is pretty good for oily skins x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great thanks for that do you have a link or price on theirs please? I'm delighted so many people have suggestions and comments :) x

      Delete
  4. This was fine on me but my skin is quite dry, I've read a lot of reviews saying it's not great for oily skin so prob wouldn't use this in summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I think this is one to be donated to the 'little sisters' makeup case it's not for me :( x

      Delete
  5. Eek with my oily tzone I'd best avoid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't think so... well not for me anyway x

      Delete