Christmas Tag Post feeling festive???

10:58:00

Thanks so much to Cat & Lainey & Nirina for my Christmas tag post, finally got around to it!! All my pics are from Christmas last year...I have been super busy but now that it's the 1st of December I am in full Christmas mode, making my shopping list today and all, Happy December everyone, time to get festive!

1. What is your favourite Christmas movie/s?


Awh this is such a hard question for my to answer I literally posted a picture on Instagram yesterday of the 8 Christmas movies I own and can't wait to start watching but I think If I am to choose one, then it has to be Santa Claus the Movie, the old school one with Dudley Moore, I have been watching that since I was tiny and Patch the elf was just the best person!!

2.Do you open your presents on Christmas eve or on Christmas morning?

In my house there is a ritual, so even now at 27 and my little sisters are 23, I always wake up first, I usually have to stick on a DVD coz I’m awake since about 7 and then I leave it till at least 8 to wake the others up, I get the twins and my mam and dad up, my dad lights the fire in the sitting room, my mum makes tea and as a family we enter the sitting room. Santa always leaves 3 piles of pressies for me and the twins and we take it in turn to open our gifts so everyone can see what you got. It can take up to two hours in our house to get it all done but its amazing! The final piece is of course a Christmas movie on in the background :)



3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

I think for me every Christmas in our house is pretty magical as we still follow the exact same rituals as we did when we were really small but I have to say my little sisters were amazing to me last year, they bought me tickets to go to Harry Potter in London and my mum and dad bought me flights so it was just amazing, I was so overwhelmed I shed a few tears but it was a brilliant gift and they really know me so well!



4. Favourite Christmas food

For me it has to be when I drink a glass of Cidona on Christmas day with a packet of Tayto crisps. It’s the only time I drink Cidona and it’s just become my thing every Christmas and it’s so lovely when my mum does the food shop and she’ll always ring to tell me she made sure to get the bottle just for me!

5. Favourite Christmas gift

Ooh this is really tough… The year I got my SNES was a big year. That's the Super Nintendo Entertainment System for all the young ones reading this, I was given the console with Mariokart and Donkey Kong and I was over the moon. My older cousin Leo had the console and myself and his little sister would always ask to play it so when Santa brought me my own console I was over the moon and would kill to play it again now!!

6. Favourite Christmas scent

A real Christmas tree smell has to be way up there on the list, I love arriving home into the sitting room and there’s the fire lighting and the real tree scent coming out of the room! My mum also has a Yankee candle that has cinnamon in it, I can’t remember the exact scent but she gets it each year and I love it!!

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

Christmas eve isn’t so big in our house at all, I know for the last few years I would be home (as Justin would be in Dublin) so I make sure to curl up and have a drink with my parents and watch a movie but there’s not something we exactly do each year, the twins have usually had to work but this year we will have Kate back from London.

8. What tops your tree?

Ours is an angel, in her pretty white dress, gold trim and big ass angel wings, she’s a blonde so looks nothing like any of us haha!


Best parents anyone could want x

9. As a kid, what was the one extravagant gift you asked for but never got?

A drum kit… I would ask and then change my mind and then ask again but still I would love a drum kit! Granted our walls were paper thin the neighbours would have hated me but dammit I wanted to be a drummer!!


10. Whats the best part about Christmas for you?

Gifting great pressies to my family and going through our Christmas morning ritual, it’s always full of comedy one liners from my dad, little squeals from my mum and an old row or two between me and the  twins but I wouldn't have it any other way!!



Thank you so much for reading my Christmas Tag post, I don't know who to nominate who hasn't done it already but if any of you want to pass this onto your friends, do tag me in your post I'd love to see your answers :) xxx




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. A that was great mrs! I think the present of flights and tickets to see Harry Potter in London must have been amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete