New Year For Mastering Your Makeup Blog x

13:56:00

Happy New Year ladies….

We may be a way into January now but I am finally feeling back to normal now and back in work.


So where is Mastering Your Makeup heading this year?

Well it’s gonna be a huge year in my own life this year as to start off my best friend is getting married in February then another lovely lady in my life is getting married in Portugal in June and I am doing her makeup for it and then in July, my loves brother is getting married in Wicklow so it’s the year of weddings in my life.

I love weddings! I have attended a few in recent years of family members and they're always such a happy occasion. We had an absolute ball in London this summer as one of my cousins got married; it was just a wonderful happy time so I can't wait for all the celebrations this year.

A great part about weddings for me is the prep! I absolutely love getting spray tans, nails, hair and makeup done for events but certainly one part I don't like is looking for dresses. I have my dress for the February wedding so that’s one off the list but of course I am not sorted for the hen which is only three weeks away!

I also turn 28 this year…. 28!!! Actually my birthday is next Friday that’s only 8 days away so I am getting awful excited for this, I love birthdays, well I love my birthday… I have booked it off work and I am going to treat myself to something lovely on the day, I’m not sure what I might buy some new makeup or head for a beauty treatment, if anyone has any ideas please do let me know :)

I also really want to get back into the purpose of this blog and start to show you ladies how to master your makeup. I used to be really good at attending makeup classes held in Inglot so I am determined to at least once a month if possible attend one of them and blog all about it for you ladies. I have booked myself in with 3 amazing MUA’s this year so far for the weddings and hens so I will be sure to let you know all the details about them and the looks they create, we all know I love a selfie! (I believe my little sis has a selfie stick on the way in the post to me so that’s also soooo exciting!) The ladies I am seeing so far are Maisy from La Beaute Make-up Artistry Waterford, Diane Everett and Aimee from Make-Up By Aimee.

Over the course of 2015, I will also be linking in with a few makeup artists and hopefully attending another course, I am hoping to go to a bridal workshop or course before June just to upskill and perfect my technique before the June wedding.

As this year is so big with good celebrations, I also want to make it my healthy year and the year I tackle my laziness and poor diet. January is a wonderful time to try new things and as we speak I am waiting on a teatox to arrive that I will be trialling on the blog. This is a 28 day package of Miss Fit Skinny Tea. I will do a full blog post after the 28 days and give you my verdict as a big regular tea drinker if this helped me in my quest to get healthy. I am also this Sunday attending a conference on the Juice Plus capsules. Again I am thinking of trialling this to see if it will help with my intake of fruit and veg. I do not have the best diet at all and I really want to see the benefits on my skin and for my tummy (sometimes I suffer from IBS symptoms) I will keep you all posted on my health kick this year, really hoping to make positive changes in my lifestyle and make them permanent. 

I have also made a makeup wishlist for 2015. So far it has at least 6 brands on it and in total is reaching over €500 but my plan is to break it all down over the year, save like mad and treat myself when I can. I have cancelled all my subscription boxes now, they just weren't for me so even if I treat myself to one item each month, I'll have 12 new products by December… who am I kidding? It'll be more like buying 12 in one go after saving haha but I need to get practical with all these weddings so I’ll buy what’s “needed” per wedding and get it all :) If you have any suggestions as to what I should try this year please let me know, the list can grow as big as it wants at this stage! 

I am looking forward to this year, it's an exciting time and I am feeling really positive about where the blog can go and me personally. I know we had the 3 big 1st birthday giveaways in December and I just want to take another opportunity to say a huge THANK YOU for all the support over the 1st year of my blog, I have loved getting a chance to meet new people, test out new products and I look forward to trying more brands, exciting times ahead for me and my little blog :)



<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

  ga('create', 'UA-58149039-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

You Might Also Like

0 comments