A Christmas guide to buying brushes with Blank Canvas Brushes!

15:56:00

Hello Everyone,

that time again when we need to talk about brushes…Christmas is fast approaching so if you want to stick in an order you gotta do it so so quick. Blank Canvas Cosmetics is probably my first love in brushes when I started the blog two years ago. I had spent months looking up bloggers, reading reviews so once I started buying my own, it hasn't stopped yet. Every beauty show without fail similar to Nima Brush discussed yesterday, I will pick up a few new brushes. It just has to be done. Amazing value and super quality I always recommend Blank Canvas!!





This is my collection before the Beauty Show in March 2015

For today I am going to take you through some of my brushes in the hope that if you are looking for some inspiration for Christmas you find it here. Of course brushes are not the only string to the Blank Canvas Bow so if it's a palette you're looking for be sure to check out the Pippa Palette and the new Master Series, Palette One.


Awh two beauties in my life



Ok so now it's time to get onto brushes, these brushes are not in any order of preference, basically it's a small description on what I use the brush for. Brushes can be a very personal choice so it's important you buy a brush you think will work for you. Or you could just be a crazy brush fiend like me and decide you want them all because that's what all the cool kids do haha! If you do want anymore information or reviews all you have to do is type in Blank Canvas Cosmetics brushes into Google and you'll see so many bloggers raving about these too.




F16 Large Contour/Powder Brush - This brush was on my wishlist for a little while and I don’t know what took me so long to get it. This is so super soft. It is a really large contour brush but what I tend to use it for is more of a blender for my contour rather than directly placing product. I think I like this because on days where I have no tan on, I feel contouring can be quite difficult so I really like to blend out the colour with this brush.




E30 Double Ended Brow/Spoolie - Now all brow lovers you need this brush, It’s just a must have it really is! This is so handy, so easy to keep clean and I literally use it every day.




E32 Tapered Crease Blender - This brush was a want rather than a need for me and I'm glad I did buy it. I really want to learn how to perfect a cut crease and I think this brush is gonna be vital for those looks as will another brush on this list the e42.



ROYAL BLUE F23 POINTED TIP FACE BRUSH (HD FACE COLLECTION) -  This brush I use to work in my under eye concealer, I think the point is at the right size for my face shape and it really helps to firstly work in the liquid product but I also then use the other side for patting on some powder and locking in my dark circles, nobody wants to see those bad boys.



E37 PENCIL – A great little soft brush for adding colour under the bottom lash line or working with your darkest colour on the outer V of the eye. I just love how soft the BCC brushes are, you never feel like your skin is being pulled or dragged.



E42 POINTED CREASE BLENDER – This is the second brush I hope to use in perfecting my cut creases. The brush feels slightly longer than the E32 and I really can’t get over again, yes the softness of this brush. I used this regularly in my night looks if I need to add more transition colour into the crease to blend out the look. This brush comes highly recommended by moi.




F24 MEDIUM FOUNDATION/POWDER/BRONZER BRUSH - I had the F25 in my collection already and you will see at the end of this post I ordered it again as it’s just amazing for powder and bronzer. I bought the smaller one again to use as a blender for my face products or to pack on some powder onto my t-zone, this brush is slightly flattened when it arrives which is perfect for creating the flat side you need to pack on powder. What I didn't know when I first bought this brush is how many people use it for foundation, I thought I'd give this a go one weekend and OMG I have since bought two more of the f24 and it's almost taking over my love of the f20 so you've been warned, BUY it!!!




F04 ANGLED BLUSH CONTOUR FACE BRUSH – This brush….OMG buy it!!! We were gifted one of these newbies at the Christmas Blogger event hosted by Lisa from PinkSugar and I had to order another one. This is the most perfect angled brush I own. It is super soft, fits into the hollow of my cheek perfectly and had a brilliant application.




AIRBRUSH BLENDER SPONGE (BABY PINK ,OVAL SHAPE) -  A beauty blender, this babies once they are damp can create a flawless face in seconds. I love using this on the mornings I just don't have enough time to do my makeup. They work so well into the skin and helps to really maximise the little amount of foundation you use. I bought the oval one as I prefer this shape to the others or so I think I'll try the others at the beauty show…
promise!



E36 LARGE CONCEALER /EYE SHADER- I like this brush. it wasn't exactly what I thought it would be for concealer purposes but as a shadow shadow I have been using it. I really like to work concealer into my blemishes (which we know I am suffering with big time at the mo) but this is deffo a handy brush to have in your collection.




E23 Short Pencil - For a long time I didn't know what these pencil brushes were used for, sure I heard people saying you can create a 'dark V shape on the outer corner of the eye' but that was like double dutch to me for a while, I just couldn't get the movements right but I can now say this little bad boy really makes that job easier. This brush is also perfect for placing some colour under the bottom lash line.




E27 Cute Mini Detailer - This mini brush is a great tool for the under eye area. Once you have placed a dark shadow on the bottom lash line you really need to blend it out to have a smokey look and not having two drastic colours from skin colour to shadow and this brush is perfect for that. Small side to side movements and your colour will look flawless.




E34 BLENDING BRUSH - Again another fab blender from BCC. Perfect for working into the crease, blending out colours and I like to use this brush to work on my transition colour (this is the light brown/peach tone people use to blend colours) 




E38 BROW FINISHER – I love this brush. Unlike the double ended brow brush I mentioned earlier, I actually find this brush thinner than the other. This is great as I like to line my brow on the bottom with a gel liner and this is perfect for that. I can add a really discreet line along the end of my brow and then fill in with the other brush using powder. I really like this little brush and was a happy surprise to add to my collection.





F25 LARGE POWDER/BRONZER BRUSH- This was a repurchase for me as I love my F25 brush. I think it's a great brush for setting your face with powder or dusting over some bronzer if you want a slightly sun kissed look. This is a big staple in my makeup application every day so I deffo say get one of these.



L29 Lip /Winged Eyeliner Brush- I haven't tried this brush as a liner brush but as a lip brush it's great. I find I like to use a good sharp pencil to line my lips and then fill in using the bullet itself but the brush is great for perfectly filling in your cupids bow. It's a necessary step I feel if you want to have a perfectly finished lip and this is essential when working with striking colours which we can be sure I absolutely love.


Be sure to check out Blank Canvas Cosmetics on Facebook and on Twitter. Of course brushes aren't the only thing you can buy on Blank Canvas Cosmetics, make sure to check out my posts on the Pippa palette and the new Master Series, Palette One. If you would like anymore info please do get in touch and I look forward to hearing from you.





<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

  ga('create', 'UA-58149039-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');


</script>

You Might Also Like

0 comments