Collette Griffin Fab MUA- An Insight into Bridal Makeup

13:33:00

Have you ever wondered what goes into a bridal party’s makeup?

Well today that’s exactly what we are going to look at on the blog…

Collette Griffin is a fantastic Makeup Artist based in Waterford city. I was invited to get my makeup done by Collette a few months back and I absolutely loved it. She was just about to finish up in her job and take on a full time role as a makeup artist from home. She now has a little studio in her house, complete with lights around mirror (which I need in my life) and she’s booming for business.



Colette's fantastic makeup on me

After getting my makeup done with Collette and knowing that my best friend Evelyn was getting married, I offered to buy Evelyn her makeup for her wedding as her present. It was money I was delighted to spend. I knew I could trust Collette completely and Evelyn had loved my makeup from the day I visited Collette.

So what does the morning of the wedding look like? Currently Collette would say at least 4 hours on the morning and will work up to five people. There is of course flexibility with this, she will start as early as is needed and will do as many touch ups as the bride would like before she leaves for the church. You are her no.1 priority that morning so she won’t be rushing off to other bookings. You have her booked in for as long as is needed and of course she recommends a trial for the bride beforehand. Evelyn loved her trial so we knew we were 100% onto a winner and Evelyn’s sister Siobhan who was a bridesmaid got her makeup done by Collette the day of the Hen and we were all jealous!

Collette has very kindly sent me on the product list from Evelyn’s wedding makeup as well as what she used on the bridesmaids. Of course being totally biased, my best friend was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen and genuinely her bridesmaids were stunning!


The stunning bridesmaids Siobhan, Amanda & Aoife

Product list(Bridesmaids)

·         Base: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream to prep the skin.
·         Mac Studio Fix Fluid NW 35.
·         Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enchancer in the shade XS03 and XS05 to add extra coverage      and highlight the centre of the face.
·         Mac Prolongwear Conceal in NW 20 to conceal the under eye.
·         Set with Ben Nye Luxury Powder in the shade Banana.
·         Set the rest of the face with Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Powder in Latte.
·         Eyes: Prep the eyes with Elf Eye Primer, set with Vanilla eyeshadow from Mac.
·         Crease: Peach Smoothie fromMakeup a Geek.
·         Lid and lower lash line: palette no T22 from Makeup a Atelier(used last 3 shades of this     palette). Brow bone and inner eye highlight I used Nylon from Mac.
·         Waterline: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide/On eyeliner pencil in the shade Whiskey.
·         Top liner: Inglot Gel Liner no.77
·         Lashes: Red Cherrry 107.
·         Mascara: Eyeko
·         Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in the shade Medium Brown set with Brow Gel in   the shade brown(also from Anastasia Beverly Hills).
·         Lips: Spice lip pencil from Mac and Urban Decay lipstick in the shade Liar.
·         Gloss I used is from Sigma in the shade Hint.
·         Contour/Bronzer: Buff Contour Palette.
·         Highlighter: Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow mixed with Soft and Gentle from Mac.


My beautiful bestie before she left home

Product list Bridal makeup:

·                 Base- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
·         Mac Studio Fix Fluid NC 20 mixed with Buff HD Foundation in C2. Kevyn Aucoin                  Sensual Skin Enchancer in XS03
·         Mac Prolongwear Concealer in NW20 to conceal and highlight.
·         Set the under eye area with Ben Nye Luxury Powder in the shade Cameo.
·         Set the rest of the face with Jane Iredale pure Pressed Powder in Golden Glow.
·         Eyes: Prep eyes with Mac Paintpot in Soft Ochre. Set with Vanilla eyeshadow from              Mac.
·         Cease colours- Naked and Buck from Urban Decay (1st palette).
·         Lid- Half baked from urban Decay
·         Outer corners- Folie and Embark from Mac. Highlighted brow bone and inner corner          of the eye with Shroom from Mac.
·         Lower lashline: Folie and Embark.
·         Waterline: Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil in the shade Whiskey.
·         Top liner: Inglot gel liner in no.77
·         Mascara: Eyeko lengthening skinny brush mascara.
·         False lashes: Ardell natural wispies( I stacked two pairs for extra voloume).
·         Lips: La Girl lip pencil in the shade True Red and Russian Red lipstick from Mac.
·         Eye brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown and set with Anastasia          Beverly Hills tinted Brow Gel in the shade Brown.
·         Contour/bronzer: Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in The shade Dark Golden
·         Highlighter: Hourglass Amibent Light in the shade Luminous Light mixed with Bobbi            Brown Bronze Glow(limited edition)
·         Blusher: Harmony and Melba from Mac.
·         Finishing Spray: Urban Decay All- Nighter( must have product).


Yep that's me leaving the church and already crying again she's so beautiful


Happiest smile in the world

As you can see from above, it really takes time and effort to choose the right type of products for your bridal party. You want to ensure that the makeup will last, look flawless and wear well. A trial is such an important part of any bridal makeup as if you are not sure how a certain foundation or powder will last on your face, there is no better way than to wear it for a full day and see how long you like it for/how long it lasts for. I am a firm believer in trying things out like foundation before you buy them, I did the silly thing and spent over €30 on a foundation that I’m still unsure of and if I had only just gotten a tester first I’m not sure I’d have purchased the whole thing but I am giving it another few wears before I make up my mind completely. There is no value to be put on a trial to ensure you look your best on the day.

Collette is now full time at makeup as I said earlier and if you have a party or event coming up soon then again I highly recommend her. You’ll have loads of chats and laughs so you’ll be more than relaxed. We are getting extremely lucky in Waterford to have such amazing talent on our doorstep so please do book yourself in and get prettified by this amazing lady.

I have attached a link to my 1st visit to Collette HERE and I will absolutely be heading back to her for a night out in Waterford soon.


Collette can be found on Facebook HERE so head over, give her a like and see the amazing work she has already created on lovely ladies!





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Pretty bride to be! It's a special day for a girl and she makes all possible efforts to look like a princess. My best friend was the most beautiful bride I must say. Her castle theme reception at one of the well known wedding venues NYC was appreciated by all guests. Everything was on top notch from dinner to décor and party favors as well.

    ReplyDelete