The Vintage Cosmetic Company- My thoughts & review

18:03:00


Hello Lovelies….



Today I am talking about a new brand which came into my life in recent weeks and the first thing I loved immediately is the packaging. A company that puts this much effort into their presentation gets bonus points from me for sure so I couldn't wait to try out the three goodies I was sent.

“The Vintage Cosmetic Company offers a range of high quality beauty accessories with a unique, feminine, ‘darling’ personality - one that harks back to the glamour and charm of the 1950’s. The continued and growing fascination with everything ‘vintage’ has caused the brand to grow extensively in the UK and internationally over the past couple of years.
In its relatively short lifespan The Vintage Cosmetic Company has attracted an ever growing fan base from retailers, press and the wonderful world of celebrities. Their fast expanding product range means they are able to react to the everyday beauty needs of women across the world, combining affordability, efficacy and elegance with charm and glamour.”

You can find out all about The Vintage Cosmetics Company here on their website: http://www.thevintagecosmeticcompany.com/



What have I tried? Well in my beauty package I received two brushes and a set of eyelashes. The brushes are the blush and bronzer brush and the lashes were the style ‘Nancy’. I have been using the brushes over the last few weeks and I wore the lashes last weekend to my friend’s 30th birthday party which was just amazing!

The brushes are huge, so much so that if I want a hint of colour of my cheeks I use the blush brush gently across my cheeks but otherwise I have started using the blusher brush for powder , mostly for setting my makeup with a mineral foundation and then using the bronzer brush for the all over translucent powder. I like to set my face big time, I get too shiny for anyone’s liking.

The brushes are super soft and are washing really well. Just a gentle shampoo and dry in one of my little cages and they are perfect. They’re super pretty and still fit into my round Nima holder which is a must when I bring my makeup with me almost everywhere.  These brushes retail at €17.50 for the blush and €21.50 for the bronzer brush, I know they seem expensive but I do think they make a fantastic pressie to yourself or to someone else. The packing has them looking so pretty and if I could one as a gift I would be delighted with the quality.


A good ould snapchat picture

So yeah I was really happy with the brushes that I decided to keep my lashes for a ‘special occasion’. I really like falsies but I wouldn’t wear them every day. I have actually stopped wearing makeup everyday as it is so it’s a nice treat to throw on some lashes. I had loved the look of the Nancy lashes and I did notice them on my eyes, not too in your face but deffo gave a nice finish but the only concern I had was one corner just kept lifting. I think I was having a bad lash night but it led to a really watery eye all evening. I think the band is just a little thicker than I’m used to now but I have kept them from the other night, I’ll remove the glue used and give them another go. It didn’t happen to both eyes so it could just be that I was having an off night but in general the bands of lashes I use are usually extremely thin so I never notice them and they rarely lift. Again there are a lot of different styles you can choose from so it could just be the Nancy lashes that are a little thicker. These lashes retail at €7.50.

Overall, I really like the brand, the packaging is so pretty and the price point although slightly higher than some other pharmacy brands will certainly not break the bank and you'll be sad throwing out the box so they'll probably even last you longer than you think ;)

I have attached here a full stockist list so hopefully there is one nice and close to you to treat yourself soon. I will deffo try more of the lashes and have my eye on two more brushes.

Let me know if you have tried any of these bad boys and what your thoughts are?




PHARMACY NAME
ADDRESS
Brooks Phy
Mn St, Bandon, Co. Cork
Rathoath Pharmacy
Rathoath, Co. Dublin
Thurles Phy
Thurles SC, Co. Tipperary
Reen's Phy
Mn St, Millstreet, Co. Cork
Adrian Dunne Pharmacy
Unit 11, Tesco Shopping Centre, Ashbourne
Vista Phy
Naas, Co. Kildare
Walsh's Pharmacy(2)
Unit 2 Tesco Sc. Celbridge
Walshs Phy
main st Celbridge
Conway's Phy
Ashbourne, Co. Meath
Medical Hall
63 McCurtain Street, Fermoy, Co. Cork
Mellericks
24 Patrick st, Fermoy
Hamilton's Pharmacy
Skibbereen
Cappamore Phy
2 Moore st, Cappamore, Co Limerick
Mullholland
O'Connell Street, Birr, Co. Offaly
Quinns
Bridge St, Gort, Co. Galway
Owenacurra Phy
79 Main Street, Midleton, Co. Cork
Cassidys
10 O Connells Ennis
Finnertys Phy
69/70 Kenyon St, Nenagh
Craughwell Phy
Main st, Craughwell Co Galway
Highcross
igh Street, Tuam, Co. Galway
Monraed
Unit 1, Monread Leisure Centre, Naas
Breslins
86 Main st, Portlaoise
Murphy's Phy
Mn St, Buttervant, Co. Cork
Medwell
Tuam S/C , Tuam
The Mall
54 The Mall, Sligo
The Mill
Coolaney, Co Sligo
Tohers
20 O'Connell Street, Sligo
Kieran Hughes
Prosperous rd, Clane
Mocklers phy
68 Liberty Square, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
Rye's Phy
Leixlip, Co. Kildare
MCGoey
Market Street, Ardee, Co Louth
Walsh's Phy
Mn St Fermoy, Co. Cork
Eakins
21 Main St, Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan
Griffins
Leixlip, Co. Kildare
Ch Chemist
31 The Mall, Tralee, Co Kerry
Blakes Phy
Prosperous, Co Kildare
McCormack's Pharmacy
Main Street Maynooth
Young Life Pharmacy
1 Charlotte St, Newbridge
Murphy's Phy
Mn St, Macroom, Co. Cork
Marrons
Clane, Co Kildare
Connollys Pharmacy
Kildare town
Foleys Pharmacy
Unit 9 Palmerstown s/c, Palmerstown
Callaghy's Pharmacy
Main Street Kilcock
O'Regan's Phy Clontarf
O'Regan's Phy Clontarf
Ward Pharmacy
Ballina, Co Mayo
Galvins Pharmacy
The Smithland Centre, Loughboy,Kilkenny
Moorefield Phy
Moorefield, Newbridge, Co. Kildare
O'Regan's Phy Balgriggan
O'Regan's Phy Balgriggan
Trant's Phy
Listowel SC, Co. Kerry
Stauntons Phy
Churchhill, Navan, Co. Meath
Hynes
Roscommon
Meaghers
Unit 2, Gasworks House, Barrow st, D4
Meaghers
10 Baggot Street Upper
Meaghers
69 Ranelagh Village
Meaghers
22-24 Sandford Road, Ranelagh,
Meaghers
Unit 5 Castletymon Park SC, Tallaght,
Meaghers
192 Glenview Park, Tallaght,
Lawlor Phy
Quinsboro st, Bray
Butlers
Main Street, Birr, Co. Offaly
Whelehans Phy
Kildare town, Co Kildare
Stuantons Phy
Main st, Castlebar, Co Mayo
Link Phy
Castlebar, Co. Mayo
Brookmount Phy
Unit 3, Brookmount rd, Omagh
Balmoral Phy
88 Upper Lisburn rd, Belfast
Mullaneys Phy
Portarlington, Co Laois
Brogans Phy
Boyle, Co Roscommon
Cunninghams Phy
Dublin rd, Athlone, Co Westmeath
Morgans Phy
Tullow, Co. Carlow


You Might Also Like

0 comments