The New Pippa for Blank Canvas Palette- My Thoughts & Review

13:37:00

Hello Everyone,

So ‘The Pippa Palette’ how many times have you seen this name thrown across your social media accounts, facebook, Instagram, twitter and snapchat, the little pink package has been all  over our screens for the last couple of weeks. I was one of the very lucky bloggers to receive the palette nice and early to try out and review on my blog. Now as you all know I had a very important wedding to go to last week but we also had a number of family events in the days leading up to and after the wedding and I found myself leaning towards the Pippa palette, time and time again. I feel now is a good time to write down my thoughts on this latest collaborative product.


This was super exciting!

For anyone who has followed Mastering Your Makeup you’ll know I am a huge Blank Canvas Cosmetics fan! I have almost every single brush they have in existence, my faves I have at least 3 of and I replace my eyeliners and use my face and eye palette at least once every single week. I am forever coming back to my Blank Canvas Cosmetics products and just wating for the next Beauty Show to pop over to say hi to Una and her team and restock some of my fave items. For any make up artist, make up lover or first timer into the world of make up, you CANNOT go wrong with Blank Canvas, the quality and the price point are second to none and it’s no wonder I am forever coming back to them. On a side note, Una and her team are extremely good to us beauty bloggers which makes it extremely easy to come back and spend your money on her products and tell the world that they all need the E25, E26 and E10 eye brushes in their lives!

When I heard on social media that there was a project coming between Pippa and Blank Canvas, my heart skipped a beat. Of course initially I thought pink brushes but then as pictures emerged and there was talk of a palette, I thought ‘yes this will be perfect. I really like Pippa, her style of course is amazing but her makeup, it’s so fresh, so flawless, mostly natural elegant beauty and it’s something that can be hard to achieve for the best of us without feeling too naked.  When the palette arrived and I saw the shades inside, it had Pippa written all over it.



Here was a note from owner Una on this collaboration:

“At Blank Canvas we love working with ambitious, intelligent and strong females who like to step outside the box. Pippa’s enthusiasm for everything she does in life is admirable.  From the outset, her undeniable beauty and infectious smile are obvious but what’s most striking about Pippa is her authentic personality, her honesty and ability to inspire. For all these reasons, I consider Pippa a wonderful ambassador for Blank Canvas”
When developing this limited edition palette, Blank Canvas and Pippa had core principles. The palette had to stay true to Blank Canvas’ high quality ethos and to Pippa’s own love for fresh, natural make up.  Keeping the customer at the forefront, it was paramount that the palette was suitable for Beginner to Pro level. We wanted it to be handbag, travel and make up kit friendly.  We wanted to create a palette with staple face and eye shades for any make up collection.
With this, the Pippa For Blank Canvas palette was created.  Made up of 6 gorgeous gradients of nude toned, matte finish, luxuriously smooth, pigmented eyeshadows, they’re velvet in texture and easy to blend. All 6 colours are ideal for creating a natural to an intense smoky eye. All shades can be worn alone dry/wet or layered for further intensity and lasting power. Pippa For Blank Canvas contains 3 face shades combining Pippa’s love of luminous highlighter, peachy pink blush and a matte warm brown bronzer.”

My first thoughts as I swatched through the palette was ‘well done Blank Canvas!!’ The quality as always is right up there and the shades are right up my street. I have quite pale skin, dark hair and blue eyes so whether I have tan or no tan on, this palette will absolutely suit my skin. I am a huge lover of browns and neutral tones on my eyes so I couldn’t wait to get started using it.

Here is a run through of all the shades in the Pippa for Blank Canvas Palette:



EYESHADOW SHADES:
K.D: A highly pigmented matte carbon black shade. Can be worn alone or layered for a smouldering smokey eye.  Use as an accent colour on the outer V of the eye or use damp as eyeliner.
DODO: A rich dark chocolate brown colour with a hint of red undertone, perfect for intensifying a smokey eye.  Very versatile also as a transitional colour or as an accent colour at the outer V of the eye. Use to smoke your bottom lashline with.  Great for all eye colours.  Can be great as a brow filler for some. Looks amazing when paired with Ollie as a crease colour, Tobi as a transition shade, DoDo on the outer V and LuLu in the inner tear duct.
SUSU: A very versatile shade, great as a subtle liner, brow filler for some, crease color, blender shade and even a face contour shade for some skin tones.
TOBI: A warm soft brown shade, perfect transition shade or on it’s own as a crease colour. Extremely versatile shade.
OLLIE: A subtle warm toned nude-beige eye contouring shade, ideal for the crease. It’s suede like  texture makes it easy to blend.
LILY: A beautiful smooth muted ivory-vanilla shade, ideal for a base colour or inner corner/brow bone matte highlight with a tiny hint of reflective shimmer.  Brighten up any eye look with Lily.
LULU: a gorgeous highly pigmented champagne highlighter just in time for the latest strobing trend.  Perfect for highlighting the cheekbone/ browbone or inner tear duct. Great on every skin tone and for any age. Gives a beautiful youthful glow to the skin. Its’ finely milled pressed formula is superb for catching the light indoors or outdoors.
PIPSY: A light coral-pink youthful blush shade. Gives a subtle flushed look that’s beautiful on it’s own or buildable for intensity. Its buttery texture is perfect for blending.
AMOUR: A matte warm brown bronzer/contouring colour.  A buildable, universal shade that blends easily. A little goes a long way with this product.

Now if in my wildest dreams, I was ever to create makeup like Pippa has, I would of course make sure it was extremely personal to me. I love the names Pippa has selected for her palette and in case you haven’t seen them, here is the breakdown of the meaning of each name:

*KD: My grandad Karl Daniel Mullen was a very influential man in my life. When choosing the name for the strongest eyeshadow in the Pippa Palette, he was the first person that came into my mind. We called him KD for short.
*Dodo: My grandmother’s name was Doreen but as grandchildren we called her "Dodo". She didn't like to be referred to as granny. I wanted Dodo & KD beside on another in the Pippa Palette.
*Susu: My sister Susanna is my only sister & best friend. I've called her Susu forever. Ollie calls her that too!
*Tobi: The first dog we ever owned when I was a child. He brings back great memories of growing up.
*Ollie: Named after my baby Oliver, whom we always refer to as Ollie. Our pride and joy.
* Lily: My husband Brian got us the most beautiful Bichon Frise when she was only 8 weeks old. She was snow white and came from Kildare so we named her Lily.
* Lulu: My favourite shade in the Pippa Palette and the most beautiful shimmering highlighter I've ever worn. Named after my dear Mum Louise who's shining bright above guiding me and willing me on every day.
* Pipsy: All of my friends call me Pipsy Pie. This subtle girly peachy pink blush suited 'Pipsy' to a tee.
* Amour: The important shade in the Pippa Palette that brings everything together. This perfect contour shade is simply named 'Amour' meaning ‘Love’ to represent my husband



As with a lot of my fellow bloggers and followers who have already received their palette, the highlighter Lulu is my favourite shade. I do feel it’s not only the colour but the name and the meaning which has me sold. I am a right sentimental lady and my family mean the absolute world to me, if I had lost my mum then the most sparkle filled shadow would definitely be named after her and it would be perfect just like she is (well most of the time lol) The highlighter rivals the best highend products out there and for that shade alone the palette has been pulled out so often.
To create my usual daytime look I will use Lulu Pipsy and Amour on my face to shape it but for my eyes I tend to reach for, Ollie as my transition colour, Tobi in my crease and Lily then to highlight the brow bone and inner corner. Sometimes I will add a little Susu to the outer corner and underneath to smoke it out just that little bit more.


Maybe not the best pics but phone cameras are awful!

At €39.99 I was worried the name ‘Pippa for Blank Canvas’ was hiking up the price but I 100% now see that’s not the case at all, the quality of the Palette deserves the price point, it’s not just ‘another eye palette’  but an eye and face palette so it really is worth the money. I think whether you are starting off in makeup or a professional I think you would enjoy this palette. I think its super pretty (which again you’ll know I’m a sucker for packaging) and handbag friendly. It’s nice not to have to carry around all your face products and an eye palette in my rucksack of a handbag these days.
I would just like to finish with a huge congratulations to both Pippa and Una & her team in Blank Canvas Cosmetics for creating a beautifully stunning palette of high quality products which I can see selling out over and over again. As a long time fan of both Pippa and Blank Canvas, I look forward to any new items the team creates in the future.

You can purchase your own Pippa for Blank Canvas palette on:


And be sure to tweet and shout about when yours arrives using the hashtag #pippaforblankcanvas 




You Might Also Like

0 comments