Ginvera BB Cream- Was this something I'd use again?

11:14:00

Hello Everyone,

So today on the blog I am looking at something I'm not always used to. I am looking at a BB Cream sample I was sent from Ginvera to try out on my skin. It's funny with all the hype of BB and CC creams, I never really use them, I just think for me I was always just a foundation person, looking for the coverage and not wanting an ounce of my natural skin to be seen. 

Now, however, it's a different story. About 15 weeks ago I started on a weight loss journey through slimming world. I wanted a lifestyle change more than a weight loss but I knew if I stuck to plan, I'd lose weight in turn. 15 weeks on I am almost a stone lighter but one thing that has also changed is my skin. I started eating super healthy, I am now drinking a lot more water so eventually I started to see some positive change in my skin. This lead me to wondering if I needed to wear that full coverage foundation all the time or could I actually use something less and still feel as confident?


A few weeks back this little package arrived through my door....




This is the Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream!!

"Enriched with premium Green Tea, Ginseng, Chinese Angelica and Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea Nude Cover BB cream provides the benefits of blemish free concealing, sun block effects, whitening, moisturizing and reduction of lines, providing a long lasting smooth and ultra light feel to nourish and perfect your skin. This beauty secret to natural beauty is definitely worth sharing!" http://www.ginvera.com/



Why Green Tea Nude Cover BB cream:

-Natural and flawless coverage for all skin tones
-Oil-control properties that provide natural matte finish
-Spread with nano fine texture, resulting in even-tone and natural look
-Supply essential nutrients to revitalize skin, resulting in visibly fairer and more radiant skin
-Provide all day hydration for soft, supple skin
-Provide SPF 30/PA++ to protect skin against UV rays and harmful free radicals
-Help reduce the formation of wrinkles and lines http://www.ginvera.com/ 

I won't lie...I was pretty skeptical when I first tried it, I just thought it would be the same as not wearing any coverage and I'd be unhappy and feel naked. I actually really liked this. I have tried other BB creams before and for the most part ended up using them as a base for more foundation and ending up plastered in makeup. I wore this throughout the week in work and I liked the little coverage it gave. I wasn't a shiny disco ball by the end of the day either which was a happy difference for me. I like the scent from this product as I am a bit of a nose person. I know with some more natural products, the smell can be off putting but this is quite nice. You don't need to use a lot of the product to cover your whole face either.

While I liked the BB Cream, I think I am still 100% a foundation kind of girl. I don't mind a BB Cream for the day time on days when I really don't want to wear makeup but I don't think I am ready to bare more than a full coverage foundation face on my out and about days. While I am finally starting to get happier and comfortable in my own skin I just don't see BB Cream replacing my 'go to' foundations. I think if you have good skin and you like a light coverage and a healthy looking face then this Ginvera BB Cream is a lovely addition to your beauty collection. 

You can purchase this product in Harvey Nichols in Dundrum or on www.janiro.co.uk It retails around €25.50.




You Might Also Like

0 comments