Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette- Launching Thursday December 3rd #UDIreland

16:39:00

Well hello everyone,

I don't know about you but I had a  super Tuesday yesterday. You'll have seen from my social media I spent my lunch break in the best possible way, up in the Penthouse of the Spencer Hotel in Dublin City getting a sneak peek at the new UDxGWEN palette.




I had seen this palette circulating on social media as like with most palettes, I was really intrigued by it. I think even more so by this palette than any other because the colours looked 'normal' to me. I love a good palette but sometimes I find if a celeb puts their name to something, it can lead to more personality based colours that just wouldn't be to my taste. I like to buy palettes that I know I will use. I think for me if there was ever a time I needed a really mad colour then I would probably buy it singularly than buy a palette for the sake of it.

This...however, I really wanted! There are 15 shades in the palette, 12 are all new shades with of course some spectacular names such as 1987 (The year No Doubt Formed) there is also Harajuku (which we know Gwen often refers to her 'harajuku girls' in her music.) Blackout Stark & Skimp are the three original Urban Decay shades which Gwen herself is a massive fan of. 

The packaging of course is spectacular, gold and white and a really good size shadow in each pan. This is a limited edition palette which will retail at €46 and is on sale from Thursday in all Debenhams & House of Fraser stores in Ireland.




A description of the shades is as follow:
15 x 0.04 oz Eye shadow in... 
Blonde (pale beige/pink iridescent shift), 
Bathwater (pale beige with gold pearl), Skimp (pale nude satin), 
Steady (medium rose/metallic gold shift), 
Punk (reddish brown matte), 
Baby (cool metallic rose), 
Anaheim (light taupe-brown matte), 
Stark (nude-pink matte), 
Zone (medium brown matte), 
Serious (smoky gray with iridescent floating pearl), 
Pop (pale coral with iridescent sparkle), 
Harajuku (metallic blue-pink/iridescent micro-shimmer), 
Danger (deep metallic royal blue/blue micro-sparkle), 
1987 (bright metallic yellow-gold), 
Blackout (blackest black matte)

As you can see there is a lot of sparkle and metallic shades and I think this is why I liked the palette so much, I found that I have been buying a lot of matte shades in the last year or so, this palette is just perfect for Christmas so whether you are treating yourself of someone who you know loves Urban Decay then I would recommend this for sure. A sparkle lover will just have to have this palette in their collection. 




I of course am going to try out the palette over the next week or so and will report back with some look shots but I can safely say, had we not received this palette yesterday it was going on my Christmas list as it's just pure luxury. It's very high quality, it's a real show stoppper gift and at the moment when you buy the palette you will receive a four lipstick sample packet. These lipsticks are again from the UDxGWEN line which will be released next year, 2016.





If you have tried this or seen any amazing looks with the palette I'd love to hear from you. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments