Wear it Wednesday- Brand Focused Face Week One: Urban Decay

15:07:00


Hi everyone and welcome to my new series on Mastering Your Makeup, my brand focused face. I decided to start this series because I am very lucky to have a huge amount of makeup in my collection and when I like something, I like to have it all. I have no shame in admitting that I own over 20 MAC lipsticks or that if I like a foundation I want it in 3 different shades, for pale for tan and for a light tan. In the next few weeks I am going to create a look where possible with only one brand and sometimes two showcasing both high end and budget brands and showing you what you can do with this makeup. I am going to use the makeup on myself during the week so some looks will be for day time and some will be for night time. I do hope you enjoy the series xx



The brand & why I like it: I have been a lover of Urban Decay for years. I believe it probably all started with the very first Naked palette when I just had to have it. I have since gone on to buy every Naked palette there is or asking for it as a Christmas present. I am still undecided if my collection needs the electric palette but the fact I don't actually own it really annoys me. The latest love affair I've had with Urban Decay has been their Naked Skin foundation and the lipsticks. I think the Naked Skin foundation is beautiful on my skin, it just really suits my skin type and the 5.5 shade I wear with tan is beautiful and natural all at the same time.

Before  & After:

 

I really liked this look. I think going forward I will use my bigger camera instead of my phone as it will show shadows off much better.




Base (Primer/Correction) : Potion Primer in Pore Perfection (dark purple) €27 and I also used the Naked BB cream the Illuminating version €30


Foundation: Naked Skin Foundation in shade 5.5 €43


Concealer: Naked Skin Concealer in Light €22


Powder: Naked Skin Powder Foundation in Medium €33


Brows: I felt I needed a little more brow for this look so I did use my Brow Pomade from ABH but before that I used the brown shade from the eye palette and then topped it off with the Brow Tamer Gel €18.50



Cheeks (Contour/Blush/Highlight): Flushed Palette in Strip €31 For an added bit of sparkle I used my much loved Sparkle brick which I think was around the €35 mark a few Christmas's ago.


Eyes (Shadow, Mascara, Liner) Gwen Stefani Eye Palette I used Blonde Punk Anaheim. This is the latest palette and costs €46. Mascara was of course some Perversion (€22) with Subversion (€19) underneath. I absolutely love the length and extreme look Subversion gives your lashes. There's no need for falsies with this combo. My liner was a 24/7 liner in Perversion which is €19.50

Lips (Liner/Lipstick/LipGloss): I used my Kylie Jenner inspired 1993 shade which is a matte revolution lipstick and I love it! This retails at €19.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed creating this look. I do think my camera didn't quite do the look justice as you'll see at the end of this post, my skin looks brighter and my eyes darker in another picture and I hadn't retouched my makeup at all. I can honestly say I will continue to buy Urban Decay products for a long time. I like the brand, the company and their belief in keeping animals safe and your skin as healthy as possible. I have also been very fortunate to take part in a course with UD in Blackrock which I spent over €150 on products afterwards as I just had to have them all. While I agree I may not need every single eyeshadow palette the brands brings out, I will still want them. There are staple products in my own makeup now such as the foundation and concealer that I can see myself buying for a very long time to come.


Saturday's finished look from Snapchat @emmajcs 

I hope you enjoyed my first Brand Focused Face and I'll see you back here next Wednesday for another look at another brand!





You Might Also Like

0 comments