Seventeen Cosmetics Summer Fun!

15:02:00

Hello Lovelies,

Don’t you just love when the sun starts to shine? Well I do…those longer evenings coming in, things starting to feel just that little bit warmer it’s all just so lovely.


Sometimes you just get good pics


A few weeks back another lovely thing happened, a package arrived in from Seventeen Cosmetics. Seventeen is a brand that has been around since I first started to wear makeup in my teens and seem to be getting more and more popular lately.


Press release that came with package

I was really intrigued by the package, two of the products the Skin Wow Concealers look so like the high end YSL touche éclat illuminating concealers and the new Stay Pout Just a Fling nude lipstick is the perfect shade for me.

The Skin Wow Primer is an illuminating skin base, something I looked forward to trying even though I haven’t had the best luck with them to date. I find that when you have oily skin, illuminating the skin can make it feel like there’s more oil on it. Something you can feel like you’re adding to the grease factor so using it just on the cheekbones can be your safest bet.  Some people like mix a drop of this into their foundation for an all over glow but that’s not for me I’m afraid so I’ll stick to the smaller areas.


I have been carrying around the nude lippy in my bag for weeks now, always topping up during the day as it’s so moisturising a nice change from all the matte madness going on. I do love matte lips but it’s more the look of them I like than the actual feeling so this lipstick is the perfect balance. 

The price point on Seventeen Makeup is completely highstreet with the highest price of the new pieces being only €8.49. This for a face illuminating primer is exceptional value considering so many high end versions are available and people who are unsure if they will suit their skin go out and pay a fortune for them before knowing if it will suit them at all. 

I'm a great believer in value. I like to think that if I am paying for something it will work on me, of course that doesn't always happen but you can live in hope. I also don't believe that every high end expensive product is needed for personal use. Kits for professionals are different, I don't think it's ok to use a lot of high street makeup on a client when they are paying you for a service but when people are interested in trying a new technique such as illuminating the skin then refer them to a high street brand first. 

I really like these new products, I find the concealers so light on the skin they will be perfect for summer, as I've already said the other products are really working well for me but I have to admit as always it's a nude lipstick that steals the show for me. I just think it's beautiful and so nice on my skin.

I hope you enjoyed this quick look and review at the latest products from Seventeen makeup and if you have tried them let me know what I should be trying next. I've heard the foundation is doing really well with bloggers in Ireland lately.



You Might Also Like

0 comments