Kat Von D- Shade & Light Eye Contour Palette Review

17:46:00

Hello Lovelies,

Here we are! This may seem like a long overdue post and I imagine for some of you are sick of hearing me use this palette but not actually write about you feel like it was never coming. Well firstly let me apologise for that. I have had to take a step back from putting myself forward for product reviews lately as I wanted to sit down and concentrate on genuine product loves of mine. They don't all have to have been paid for by me, some are presents from people who really know me, some a things I bought on a whim seeing them popular in other places and some will still remain to be PR samples but I am delighted to finally publish this piece on the eye palette love of my current life the Kat von D Shade & Light Eye Contour Palette!


My New York Kat Von D purchases!

I bought this palette last August in New York while on my first holiday to the Big Apple. I had previously bought the Face Palette when my good friend Justine returned home to Canada and picked it up for me in Sephora. I still haven't written a post on that either but unfortunately I am not 100% committed to using that one as I am the eye palette. Now that we have a Kat Von D stand in Debenhams on Henry Street, I was actually thinking of going in and talking to them about what way to use the powders. Sometimes I feel they turn out a little mucky on my skin but the under eye shades are lovely and soft.


To give you an idea of exactly what the Shade & Light eye Contour Palette is like I have taken inspo from the Kat Von D website itself describing their own product:

"Now in a new and improved hard-shell case, our Shade +Light Eye Contour Palette is more rad than ever! 
Arranged with the perfect blend of neutral, warm and cool tones, it contains base, contour, highlight and define shades…just one look and you know this sh*t is insane!
Each matte powder is finely milled and highly pigmented for true payoff and awesome blendability! We dare you to find a shade that you don’t absolutely adore ; )
Follow Kat’s tutorials on the illustrated insert included with the palette to learn how to lift, define and balance your eyes. Then check out the rest of our site for other ways to inspire you to use this dreamy palette! The Shade+Light Eye Palette’s versatility has us feeling super creative all the time.
We’re all over Instagram liking Shade+Light looks that strike us to our core. We wanna see yours next! Post with #kvdlook. 100% Cruelty Free Forever!"

The guys at KVD are obviously very proud of their baby and for once I can say wholeheartedly that you can believe each and every aspect of that description. There is not one shade in the palette I don't like or haven't used. As with all palettes, you will of course have favourites, you will find a routine in which to use them that make the most of your eyes, I love to look like I have bright wide eyes so now I have a look I create with four shades and I love the results it gives me. Here is one of the looks I create with this palette...


Here I am in Belfast with my girls for my 30th with the KVD palette on my eyes!

I also feel that from an investment point of view, having matte shades in a palette is always better for me personally. I do love shimmer and glitter on eye looks but I rarely, if ever, actually use a shimmer shadow. Most times I will add a pigment pot or a glitter pot onto my lid so this palette is much easier to use. Also because the shades blend so well you can always create really simple but effective day looks using only two shades.

This palette is available to buy online for €47 at www.debenhams.ie & of course now the Henry Street store of Debenhams has it's very own Kat Von D counter. I am going to head to town soon to get skin matched for the 'Lock It Foundation' and try that out next. Have you tried any Kat Von D products? What are your thoughts?



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This Is How To Actually Win And Get Your Ex Back With The Help Of Dr Happy Powerful And Urgent Love Spell With 100% Guarantee
    Hiiiii!! my boyfriend and I have been getting into little arguments which then later escalated. A lot of which are my fault but I never thought I would lose him because we are in love. He told me yesterday that he loves me but is done. That the fights keep hurting him too much. I can’t believe I hurt him like that and would love nothing more than another chance to prove to him and myself that I will cut out my insecurities that I’ve brought into this relationship. I did all i could to end this fight between us, didn’t work so i had to seek the help of a spell caster who i met online and promised to help me bring him back into my life in 2 days time. i wasn’t really sure about this, but i was really desperate that i had to do all that the spell caster asked me. it was on the second day at 5pm on Friday, i had a knock on the door and to my greatest surprise, it was my boyfriend, the first thing he said, was that he has forgiven me and he will never leave me again, Am so full of joy for what this spell caster and to this product page and graphic love spell coz it really help and work for me, i also want the world to benefit from this. if you need his help you can reach him for any thing on relationship problem, getting your ex back save and protect your marriage life with your soul mate contact him now for he is so powerful and real.
    Urgently email him now on happylovespell2@gmail.com for more info
    Visit or view on his web site at Web site:http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/
    Also for quick option on how to help with a love spell add him up on Whats-app +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,
    my bf and I were in a relationship for 4 years.
    and he I caught him cheating with another girl for 2 months. I was devastated. and I was in such a mental condition, that I called his parents up and said everything. I pleaded him and asked him what went wrong in our relationship. but he denied to tell me anything. he said he want breakup. and his new gf called me up each day and abused me verbally. I was trying to move on. but the love i have for him was too much. i was frustrated. looking for help to get my bf back one day looking on my internet i come across a product of a page and graphic of love spell on how to get ex back,stop your husband for cheating, restored broken marriage and stop divorced also get your wife back. so i have no choice coz i love my bf and i want him back from that woman i directly give a contact on this product graphic page, and to the promise of it,after the love spell my bf call me,text me and i I replied him as I would never accept him. but he continues begging seeking for apology. for what he did to me, meanwhile my bf sends me friend requests on Facebook… and calls me up the other day.and i respond to him, with this i was so very happy that my bf really change for the bad he was to see me back as his only one gf so that is how i gave him another chance? all thanks to this product page and graphic love spell coz it really help and work for me i promise to keep sharing his page if you have any similar problem as my, have a hard time of getting your ex bf back, ex gf back, save your marriage home, i will advise you to try this same, on Dr happy product page and graphic love spell directly on his email
    happylovespell2@gmail.com
    Web site:http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/
    or add him on whats-app +2348133873774
    Jewel Carol from Atlanta Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Is How To Actually Win And Get Your Ex Back With The Help Of Dr Happy Powerful And Urgent Love Spell With 100% Guarantee
    Hiiiii!! my boyfriend and I have been getting into little arguments which then later escalated. A lot of which are my fault but I never thought I would lose him because we are in love. He told me yesterday that he loves me but is done. That the fights keep hurting him too much. I can’t believe I hurt him like that and would love nothing more than another chance to prove to him and myself that I will cut out my insecurities that I’ve brought into this relationship. I did all i could to end this fight between us, didn’t work so i had to seek the help of a spell caster who i met online and promised to help me bring him back into my life in 2 days time. i wasn’t really sure about this, but i was really desperate that i had to do all that the spell caster asked me. it was on the second day at 5pm on Friday, i had a knock on the door and to my greatest surprise, it was my boyfriend, the first thing he said, was that he has forgiven me and he will never leave me again, Am so full of joy for what this spell caster and to this product page and graphic love spell coz it really help and work for me, i also want the world to benefit from this. if you need his help you can reach him for any thing on relationship problem, getting your ex back save and protect your marriage life with your soul mate contact him now for he is so powerful and real. Urgently email him now on happylovespell2@gmail.com for more info Visit or view on his web site at Web site:http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/ Also for quick option on how to help with a love spell add him up on Whats-app +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete