Surviving the Beauty Show!

08:39:00

Hello Lovelies,





Today on the blog I want to talk about a big event happening this weekend. On Sunday and Monday in the RDS The professional Beauty Show 2017 is happening. This is the second of the beauty shows to take place in 2017 and your chance to bag some serious bargains.


Blank Canvas Cosmetics Facebook Profile

I will be at the show again this weekend working on the Blank Canvas Cosmetics stand. This is one of the many busy stands to be at over the weekend, hours feel like minutes because it is literally non stop with beauty lovers picking up some new brushes, bagging double and treble of their favourites brushes and of course Blank Canvas Cosmetics have their amazing palette for sale on the weekend the Pippa palette & the Master Series palette one. Personally, my most wanted purchase on Sunday from BCC will be their Brush & Sponge Solid Soap. I bought two pots at the Irish Beauty Show in March, its all gone and I have to get more, it makes cleaning your makeup brushes so much easier!

I'm gonna come back to my wishlist later on in the post because the most important thing about attending the Pro Beauty show, if you are a first timer or a repeater is to plan the day well and use your time properly!

I'll never forget the first time I went to the Pro beauty Show... I had saved money for weeks putting little bits way into the beauty fund as I called it in order to be able to buy what I wanted when I got there. I always go early, that's a me thing...some people don't mind waiting until later in the day but I always worried bargains would be gone or stock would run out so I was there on the dot by 9:15 in the Q usually freezing because I didn't want to carry a coat inside. That's wear my tips come in (and please remember this is totally personal to me and how I manage myself on the days of the beauty show)

Go Early- If you're anything like me you're already really excited so just make the effort to get up and get in. I've been so lucky that in the last four shows I've managed to get Free on street parking just outside the venue so that saves me €6 straight away.

Do your research- It is a massive venue with tonnes of stalls all selling amazing products. Have a look online at the floorplan and exhibitor list before you go. It's easier once you know what your looking for and where it lives. It also helps to see things like where you can stop to get a cup of tea or is there an atm present, where are the bathroom all of the things you will want to know but in a crowd of people may not be able to see.

Shopping List- As I said in the previous tip, you will see so much you want to buy on the day. If you have been saving or have limited funds on the day, make that list. Start with making sure you can get what you really really want. Too often I will get distracted by a new product or fab offer, before I know it there's another €40 spent and once I didn't buy makeup I had on my wishlist for months because I had bought so much other stuff. you could literally spend thousands on the day, no joke. You can be sucked into buying bulk or buying 6 different brands of tan because they all 'look amazing' on the day. Of course if you are there to treat yourself just get your listed stuff out of the way and enjoy discovering all the new lovely things.

Dont be a sucker- This might be a bit on the controversial side but this is my post so I want to be totally honest, some of the stuff at the beauty show is tat! Let's face it, out of 200 old stalls you're not going to like everything, some stands are great at just letting the customer approach, have a look and ask questions if they need them. Some stands are so busy you're just handing over money and you might not know exactly what you're buying. Just because a stand looks busy doesn't mean you HAVE to buy from it. 

I really enjoy working on the blank canvas cosmetics stand because 100% any customer who wants to ask a question about the brushes, about any of the products is given the time to be talked through what they are. People are not expected to buy blind at that stand at all. All the staff know the products and if they can't help you, they get someone who can. We also have demo boxes for the palettes so people can swatch the colours, we have display brushes on each section so people can touch them, see the width all of the good stuff. We have price lists up to beat the band but have no problem when a customer wants to check a price or ask that this brush is used for or can that brush do this job, everyone is happy to help. 

You work hard for your money so if you want to be sure of what you're spending it on so do ask questions of people on the stands.

What to Wear- Another lesson I learned from my first show, I was way too hot! The inside of the venue is super hot when its filled with thousands of people, lights you name it! Now if I am attending as a customer, I wear comfy shoes (runners usually- not my converse)Light jeans and leave my ankles free so there's some air at my legs and then just a tshirt. If I bring a top it's really light and wrapped around my waist once I'm in. I cannot stand the heat when the crowds come in so that really works for me. I also wear a two strapped handbag small as I can to fit in phone keys purse water and deodorant.

You swear I'm off planning a hike but there's nothing worse than feeling icky and smelly and parched all at the same time :)

Food & Drink- If you need to stop, stop! Usually for me, my feet would be getting tired and arms weighed down but it's a really quick sugar fix and we're back at the shopping. there is a cafe and some stands inside the venue as ell as vending machines so you have plenty of access to stuff. You may not get a seat so be prepared for that hence the comfy shoes.

Enjoy It- After all that mental advice the best thing I can say is to enjoy your time there! As a blogger, I get to see so many people I meet through the blogging world usually at events, i get to work with my favourite brush brand and help spread the love for Blank Canvas Cosmetics and then on my break i get to run around like a mad yolk and pick up more beauty treats for my makeup collection! There's always offers to be had, there's always a super buzz about the place and you'll always want to buy more!!

Have a great time to anyone who's going and for those not already registered... get on it!!





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Testimony On How To Get Urgent Real Love Spell Online That Work Fast..... Junia Noel by name and i am located in Usa ,I recently saw a testimony about a spell caster of some sort in a blog i visit for relationship and dating counseling problems because i had been having serious problems with my boyfriend and we had been dating for 2 year, he just suddenly changed, he wasn’t returning my calls, he started cheating, he was hurting me in so many ways i never thought possible and i just thought i should try this spell caster called Dr happy cos there are so many good comments about him on the website, but before i could read his post,i have already contacted many spell caster that cheated me out of my hard earned money without given me result.but when i meet this spell caster out of desperation of some sort.i decided to contact him to please render his help to me, i explained all the problems that i was going through to him and he told me all i needed to do to get this spell castes. at first everything felt dreamy and unbelievable, their consultations and solution was a little bit easy and strange and i was scared a little cos I had read and heard lots of stories of fake spell casters, scams and i never really believed in magic. i played along with a little hope and faith and i was sent some few stuffs after everything and it worked like a miracle, everything went to a whole new direction, it was and is amazing. i guess it was all good faith that made me read that particular post that faithful day.i hope he could help other people too like he did to me. i did a little and I got everything i wanted and wished for, my boyfriend, my family and my life back you can contact Dr happy at: happylovespell2@gmail.com because he changed my life call him or add him on whats-app +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Got My Ex Husband Back..Am so excited to share my testimony of a real spell caster who brought my husband back to me. My husband and I have been married for about 6 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Aluya can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Aluya Powerful Love Spell that really works. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. Email him at: aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com. or whatsapp him on: +2348110493039 

    ReplyDelete